Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Teriyaki Turkey Burgers

I love burgers. My husband loves burgers. And add some homemade fries, oh man....so good. Every year on my birthday growing up I got to pick what I wanted for dinner. Yep, you guessed it, burgers. So I am always trying out new combos for gourmet burgers and these teriyaki burgers are amazing! Especially when you cook them on the grill. They stay nice and juicy!



Ingredients:

1 lb. ground turkey
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup teriyaki baste/glaze
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
salt
pepper

Toppings:
crushed pineapple (slightly drained, you want a bit of juice)
cheese
lettuce
grilled/sauteed onion (cut into rings)
tomato
buns
teriyaki mayo: 1/4 cup teriyaki baste and 2 tablespoons mayo whisked together

1. Heat your grill or a non stick pan to medium/high heat. Combine ground turkey, garlic, baste, green onions, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and ginger. Use your hands, it is easier and really insures that all the ingredients are combined.
2. Shape into 4-6 patties. Kinda depending on how big and thick you want you burgers. As I shape my patties I put a bit of olive oil on each side and then place them on a small square of wax paper. Then I put another piece of wax paper on top. Now my next patty won't stick and it makes it really easy to just place them right on the grill.
2. Grill/cook your burgers for about 5 minutes a side. After you have flipped them for the first time, top with the onions and then the cheese. The cheese will melt and keep the onions on your patty. When the burgers are finished cooking, put them on toasted buns slathered in the teriyaki mayo. Then top with juicy crushed pineapple, lettuce, and tomato.
3. Serve with baked fries, watermelon, and root beer! SO GOOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment