This rice was amazing! It tasted just like a yummy resturant dish! I had pineapple rice at a Thai resturant a while back and this recipe is me recreating it. I was so excteid that it turned out so good! Make this next time you are craving fried rice, you won't be disappointed!!
1 1/2 cups white rice
3 cups water
3 beaten eggs
2 green onions, sliced
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup diced carrots, diced and steamed or boiled for about 8 min.
1 small white onion, chopped
1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped into cubes
teriyaki chicken (I just marinated a couple chiken breasts in
teriyaki sauce and grilled it)
1. First you need to cook your rice hours in advance. I have found that it makes fried rice dishes SO much better if you use cooked and cooled rice. So, cook your rice a couple hours in advance. Just bring 1 1/2 cups of rice and 3 cups of water to a boil. When it starts to boil, turn in to simmer and cook for 15 minutes with the lid on. After it is done cooking, spread it out into a 9x13 pan. Cover it and put it in the fridge until you are ready to assemble.
2. Alright, this comes together pretty fast so have all your ingredients ready to go! Heat a large pan to medium high heat and add your sesame oil. Toss in your carrots and onions. Let them cook for about 5 minutes to soften and get a bit of color. While the veggies cook, cook and scramble your eggs in a nonstick skillet. When they are cooked just set them off to the side....you will need them in just a minute.
3. After the veggies are soft and cooked add in your rice and soy sauce. Stir to combine and then add in your eggs, green onions, and pineapple. Toss it all together and taste for seasoning.
4. Dish up and top with cooked teriyaki chicken. Serve along side steamed broccoli.
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
I love creamy pasta. I love it even more when I don't feel bad eating a heaping bowl of it! This recipe is so yummy! It is spicy and creamy and everyone loved it. It comes together really quick and can be made on any busy week night. Pair this pasta with a crisp green salad and dinner is served. I promise this will become a family favorite!
1 lb. ground turkey
8 oz. small pasta shapes
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup salsa (I used medium heat to make it a bit spicy)
1 package taco seasoning
3 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
salt and pepper
1. Bring a big pot of water to a boil and toss in your pasta. Cook according to package.... usually about 9- 11 minutes. While your pasta is cooking you will make the yummy sauce!
2. In a skillet over medium heat, drizzle a bit of olive oil and soften up your onions and garlic. After about 3-4 minutes add in your ground turkey and brown until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Next add in your salsa, taco seasoning, sour cream and cream cheese. Let the heat of the ground turkey soften and melt the cream cheese into the rest of the mixture. Stir until all the ingredients are combine.
3. Drain your noodles and add them right into the creamy sauce. (Save a bit of pasta water to thin out sauce if you need too) Stir the noodles and sauce together. Add any pasta water if your pasta is too thick. Dish up and top with cilantro, sour cream and a bit of shredded cheese. Perfect dinner is ready!