I am back! Finally! We have been busy......
This little sweet girl joined our family almost 2 weeks ago and we have been in baby heaven ever since! We are getting into the routine of having 4 (!) girls around here and I love it! I have been so busy with getting ready for baby that I have been slacking on my food blogging but I am ready to start up again! So to kick off the weekend here is a yummy dessert (I found on pinterest) that you should most definitely make!!
5-6 apples, peeled and cut into cubes (you could use apple pie filling if you want)
3 tablespoons sugar with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon mixed in
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
2. Spray an 8x8 pan with non-stick spray.
3. Spoon a heaping pile of warm apples in the center of your tortilla. Start to roll it up while tucking the sides in as well forming a nice little roll. Place seam side down in your pan. Repeat with the next 5 tortillas. You should be able to fit 4 tortillas side by side and two and the top of the pan.....if that makes any sense.
4. Ok, now for the sauce. In a medium sauce pan combine butter, brown sugar, white sugar and water. Bring to a boil and STIRRING constantly. Turn the heat to simmer and cook for 3 more minutes.
5. Pour the sauce over the enchiladas and let stand at room temperature for 45 minutes.
6. Turn your oven to 350 and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
Now serve with vanilla ice cream and spoon some of the yummy sauce right on the top!