4 big apples
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped apricots
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons orange juice
1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
1 cup hot apple juice
1. Cut the middle out of each apple leaving the bottom of apple 1/2 inch thick using an apple corer or a knife and spoon. Set aside.
2. Combine all ingredients except the apple juice in a bowl and mix together. Spoon mixture evenly into apples and place in a pan. Pour apple juice in bottom of dish around apples. Like this:
3. Place in a 425 degree oven for about 30 minutes,check on them after 15 and cover with foil if the top starts to brown. That's it ! So fast and easy!
* This recipe only has 1 gram of fat and 274 calories per apple!
* Add chopped walnuts to mixture for a little crunch.
* We have these with egg sausage sammies on English muffins and roasted potatoes! SO good and hearty!