My brother Bryce, slimmed down this recipe and it is so yummy! We love dipping these cookies in hot cocoa. Perfect for the holidays! I always thought that biscotti sounded hard and time consuming, but it is easy and super good, definitely worth it and a great snack!!
2 cups flour (you could do half whole wheat pastry to add a bit more whole grains)
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons tub butter (I like brummel and brown)
3 egg whites, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup craisens
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1. Preheat your oven to 350. Cover a cookie sheet in foil and spray with non-stick spray.
2. Mix your flour, sugar, and baking powder together. Cut in the tub butter. Add the beaten egg whites and both extracts. Mix all together. Keep mixing until all the ingredients are combined. (Halfway through a used my hands to really mix it all together.
3. Next toss in the craises, almonds, and orange peel. Mix well. Shape into 2 logs and place on cookie sheet. Like this.....
4. Cook at 350 for 25 minutes. Next, put logs on a cutting board and cool for 5 minutes. Slice into cookies. Like this....... oh, and sprinkle with a bit of sugar
5.Bake for another 18 minutes and done!! Dunk and enjoy!
* These would be great dipped in white chocolate and sprinkles with holiday sprinkles for friends and family! Yum!!