Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mounds Brownies

Sorry, it has been forever! I am 23 weeks prego with baby #3 and sometimes new food hasn't sounded good so I revert back to old dinners that I have already blogged about :) But I have been snapping pictures of new yummy meals lately so now I can share them with you! This brownie is so yummy and rich! If you like coconut you will love this!



Ingredients:

Brownies: (you can use a 8x8 boxed mix for the brownies to cut back on time)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons applesauce
2 tablespoon water
1 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 eggs
2/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Filling:
1 1/2 cups coconut
3/4 can fat free sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Frosting:
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 cup milk
1/2 cup marshmallows
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a medium saucepan combine sugar applesauce and water until combined and just comes to a boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Stir until melted. Add eggs and beat until well blended.
3.Stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to chocolate mixture and stir until blended. Add in vanilla. Pour 1/2 the mixture into a greased 8x8 pan.
4. Combine the coconut, 3/4 can of sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla. Spread carefully over the brownies and top with remaining browning batter. Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Let our brownies cool for about 20 minutes and while they cool prepare frosting. In a saucepan cook the sugar and milk until sugar is dissolved. Add in the marshmallows and chocolate chips. Cook and stir until melted. Remove from heat and add in vanilla. Let frosting cool for about 20 minutes to thicken up. Pour over brownies and spread to cover. Grab a glass of milk and dig in!

11 comments:

  1. Oh me oh my... these look divine! I don't think I can take it and I am going to need to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Britney! I had to write and let you know that I made these as one of my holiday baking treats for this year. They were a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My companion suggested this blog and he was thoroughly right keep up the phenomenal work! Forward Head Posture

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is extremely useful to get some compelling tips to decrease weight appropriately. You have shared different pleasant photographs of the equivalent. I might want to thank you for sharing these tips. Without a doubt I will attempt this at home. Continue refreshing increasingly straightforward tips this way. เว็บพนันออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues hire a hacker online

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have perused your online journal it is exceptionally useful for me. I need to express profound gratitude to you. I have bookmark your site for future redesigns.  sleep aids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive web site, Distinguished feedback that I can tackle. I am moving forward and may apply to my current job as a pet sitter, which is very enjoyable, but I need to additional expand. Regards best merchant services agent program

    ReplyDelete
  8. This substance is composed great. Your utilization of arranging when coming to your meaningful conclusions mentions your objective facts exceptionally clear and straightforward. Much obliged to you. become a credit card processor

    ReplyDelete
  9. This article is an engaging abundance of useful information that is intriguing and elegantly composed. I recognize your diligent work on this and thank you for this data. You have the stuff to get consideration. how do I start a payment processing company

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love significantly your own post! I look at all post is great. I discovered your personal content using bing search. Discover my webpage is a great one as you.I work to create several content this post. Once more you can thank you and keep it create! Enjoy! Selling Credit Card Processing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Valuing the perseverance you put into your blog and itemized data you give. I've bookmarked your site and I'm adding your RSS channels to my Google account. How to Start a Payment Processing Company

    ReplyDelete