This may be the best tasting pasta dish I have ever made!! No kidding!! It was so good! The flavors were amazing. It is a bit spicy and creamy and just the right balance of everything. And it is light! I am trying really hard not to make it again right now :) We all loved it and I found it on Pinterest from a blog, Skinny Taste. You HAVE to make this and then make it again because it is amazing!
1. Cut and slice all your vegetables. My husband isn't a fan of peppers or mushrooms so I left them out. So ours was basically a lot of tomatoes and onions, but SO good!! Ok, next in a small blender make a smooth mixture by combining milk, flour and cream cheese. Set that aside. Season your chicken generously with Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and salt.
2. Prepare pasta in salted water according to package directions.
3. Heat a large heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle a bit of olive oil and add your chicken. Sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until done. Set aside. I put mine on a plate and covered it in foil to keep warm.
4. Add olive oil to the skillet and reduce to medium; add bell peppers, onions, and garlic to skillet, sauté 3-4 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms and tomatoes and sauté 3-4 more minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season with 1/4 tsp salt, garlic powder and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
6. Reduce heat to medium-low; add chicken broth and pour in your creamy mixture, stirring about 2 minutes.
7. Return chicken to skillet; adjust salt and Cajun seasoning to taste and cook another minute or two until hot. Next add your pasta and toss well to coat. Top with chopped scallions and enjoy!
* great with salad and garlic bread or bread sticks!
* excellent leftovers too :)