1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon salt, plus more for sprinkling
2 tablespoons butter, divided
2 tablespoons crushed dry rosemary or finely chopped fresh
2 1/4- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine warm water, yeast, and sugar. Allow to stand for 10 minutes or until bubbly. While the yest is getting bubbly, combine 2 cups of flour, salt, and1 tablespoon rosemary.
2. Add flour mixture to yeast mixture along with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Mix well. (I put it in my stand mixer with the dough hook on, but you can use your hands too) Slowly add remaining flour to make a very soft dough- try to resist the urge to add too much flour. You probably won't use the entire extra 1/2 cup flour. I used only about 1/4 cup more. You want a soft, wet dough.
3. Cover and allow to rise about 1 hour.
4. Lightly flour work area and transfer dough onto the surface. Divide in half ( I didn't and just made one big loaf) and shape each half into a round loaf and place on a greased cookie sheet or pizza stone. Cover and allow to rise another 45 minutes.
5. Heat oven to 375. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Bake for 15-20 minutes of until very lightly golden -brown. Take out of oven and brush with 1 tablespoon melted butter, sprinkle with cheese and dried oregano. Broil for 1-2 minutes. Keep your eye on it....
6. Serve immediately and slice into strips or just rip it off and eat!!