Ok, here are a few ideas for some New Years treats! The first one I got the idea for because I just watched Julie and Julia. I really like that movie, but that's not the point. She made these and they looked so good that I made them right away. And if you are wondering Bruschetta is soooo good! Rex and I ate them all!! The next is a super delicious fudge recipe. It always comes out creamy and sweet!! Have a great new year!
1 french bread baguette
2-3 medium/large tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper
grated mozzarella cheese
1. So easy! Line a cookie sheet with foil. Slice your bread at an angle and place on cookie sheet. Drizzle each piece of bread with a bit of olive oil.
2. Cut your tomatoes into small pieces and toss with seasonings. Give it a taste and add more if you like. Spoon a bit of the tomato mixture on top of each piece of bread. Top with a little cheese and bake at 400 for 15 minutes. DONE!!
2 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup fat free evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Line a 8x8 pan with foil and lightly spray with nonstick spray.
2. Mix fist four ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat. Boil for 4 minutes.
3. Stir in marshmallows and chocolate chips. Stir until combined. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into pan and let cool. When cooled, turn over onto cutting board and cut into squares. DONE!
* To keep fudge fresh and creamy, keep in a Tupperware container. Layers fudge then wax paper then fudge and so on to keep candy from sticking! Enjoy!