Sunday, April 18, 2010

Craisin White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

I received this recipe years ago when I was first married from my sister-in law, Shana. I altered it a bit to make them low fat and they turned out great!! So good! I tested them on my friend, hubby, and brother and got thumbs up from them all! They have a slightly crunchy out side with a soft chewy inside. YUMMY!



Ingredients:

1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups oatmeal (I used quick cooking oats)
1 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup craisins

1. Heat oven to 350
2. Combine applesauce, sugars, egg whites, and vanilla. Add in flour, baking soda, salt and oat. Stir in white chips and craisins.
3. Using a scooper or spoon drop onto cookie sheet and gently press them down so they are sightly flat. This way they cook even. Sprinkle sugar on tops of cookies (makes a sweet crunchy top). Bake for 10-11 minutes.

*You want to be careful not to over cook them. When the centers aren't doughy in the middle pull them out. Because there isn't butter in these cookies, sometimes you have to play with the cooking time. You don't want doughy cookies, but also you don't want hard cookies. So after 10-11 minutes pull them out, they should be perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment