These bite size tomatoes are fun and flavorful! Here is a great side dish you can pair up with just about anything. It is quick, easy, and I bet you have all the ingredients in your cupboards!
This is one of those recipes that you can make as little or many as you want. So all you have to do is adjust the amount of ingredients to fit your family :)
Ingredients: (this makes 8 tomato halves)
4 roma tomatoes
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
salt and pepper
fresh cilantro (if you don't have fresh you can use dried, but fresh is the best!)
1. Preheat oven to 425. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with non stick spray.
2. Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out the seeds. Place tomatoes on cookie sheet.
3. In a medium bowl combine cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper, and cilantro. Toss to combine.
4. Use your fingers and fill each tomato half with cheese mixture until mounded. Drizzle the tops with just a little bit of olive oil.
5. Put into oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden and bubbly.
So good and yummy! DIG IN!!