This chili was amazing. I got this recipe from the Pioneer Woman website. Talk about perfect, I love the white beans and the chicken. It didn't seem as heavy of a chili and it was perfectly spicy. I altered it a bit to lower the calories and it turned out perfect!!
3/4 chicken breasts, cooked and cut up (3 Cups Cooked Chicken)
1 whole Medium Onion, Diced
4 cloves Garlic, Minced
2 whole Cans Green Chilies, Chopped
1 pound Dried Great Northern Beans, Rinsed
8 cups Chicken Broth
1 whole Jalapeno, Sliced (optional)
1-½ Tablespoon Ground Cumin
½ teaspoons Paprika
½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2- 1 cup fat free/low fat milk
Grated Monterey Jack, To Taste
Sour Cream For Garnish
Cilantro For Garnish
Corn Tortillas (warmed)
1. In a dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat, saute onions and garlic for 2 minutes. Add chopped green chilies, then rinsed beans. Pour chicken broth into the pan. Add sliced jalapenos. Season with salt, pepper, and cumin. Place lid on pot and reduce heat to low.
2. Cook for 2 hours or until beans are done. Halfway through the cooking process, add 3 cups of cooked chicken.
3. When beans are tender, add milk (as much as you want for the right consistancy) and pour into the chili. Cook for an additional ten minutes to thicken. Check seasoning and adjust, adding cayenne pepper and paprika if desired.
5. Add some Monterey Jack cheese to the pot and stir to melt.
6.Serve chili in a bowl. Garnish with cilantro, sour cream, extra cheese—even pico de gallo. Roll up warm corn tortillas and serve on the side of the bowl.
* I served this with rolls and it was sooo good!