This was a perfect "tired of winter need a yummy summer dish". It hit the spot. The chicken is juicy and the pineapple and sauce are sweet and warm. Yum! You and your family will love this!
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules(or one cube)
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 can sliced or chunk pineapple
1/2 cup cider or white vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
hot cooked rice
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add the chicken, one piece at a time and shake to coat. In a skillet, heat to medium high and brown the chicken in oil. Transfer to a greased 9x13 baking dish.
2. In a small sauce pan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, bouillon and ginger. Drain the pineapple into a 2 cup measuring cup. Set pineapple aside. Add enough water to the pineapple juice to measure 1 1/4 cups. Stir in vinegar and soy sauce. Gradually whisk into sugar mixture. Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
3. Place the pineapple all around and over the chicken. Pour the sauce all over the chicken and pineapple. Bake uncovered at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until meat is fully cooked. While your chiken is cooking, cook that rice!
4. Slice chicken and place on top of cooked rice and pour pineapple and sauce over top. Yum!!
* I added some steamed carrots tossed with a bit of butter and salt to the side of this dish and it was perfect!!