Friday, August 5, 2011

Soft Breadsticks

These are SOOOO good. Seriously, I make them at least once a week. I think I have a problem....I love anything bread related. Anyway, I got this recipe from Taste the Joy and it is a keeper! Really easy and anyone can make these. You don't have to wait hours either, they are done in no time!



Ingredients:

1 TBS yeast
1 TBS sugar
1 TBS malted milk powder (I have made them without this because I didn't have it on hand and they turned out just as good)
1 1/2 cups warm water
4 cups flour
1 tsp salt

1. Mix sugar and yeast together in a bowl or mixer. Pour warm water into yeast mixture. Soften yeast in water, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and knead for 5 minutes or till soft and elastic.
2.Shape into breadsticks and let rise on a foil lined and sprayed cookie sheet for 10-20 minutes, till desired size.
3.Preheat oven to 425 and bake about 10-13 minutes till golden. Then I spray my breadsticks with butter flavored cooking spray AS SOON as these babies come out of the oven. It keeps them soft. Then sprinkle with salt or garlic powder to finish! YUM!!
* These are great with any salad, pasta dish, soup, comfort meal, ok....they are good with anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment