Meatloaf can be kinda well.....boring. But this recipe was so good! It was totally different from every other meatloaf recipe and with all the spices,tomatoes,and chilies mixed in, it was a Mexican hit! My kids even ate it....that is a good sign.
1 lb. ground turkey
1/2 cup petite diced tomatoes
4 oz. can green chilies
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1. Heat your oven to 400. This comes together really quick.
2. Put your ground turkey in a large bowl. Then....wait for it.... add EVERYTHING in right on top (except of the salsa and sour cream). Don't mix until everything has been added. This way your meat mixture won't be tough or over mixed. Combine all your ingredients (I used a spoon or you could use your hands) until combined.
3. Line a 13x9 pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Plop (very technical word) your meatloaf mixture into your pan and shape into a loaf or a log shape. I find that cooking my meatloaf this way it cooks much faster. But you could put it into a loaf pan and increase the cooking time until it is done if you want to.
4. Cook your yummy loaf for 55 minutes and let it rest for 5 minutes after it comes out of the oven. I covered mine in foil for maybe the last 15 minutes so just check the top and make sure it doesn't get to dark. Slice and serve! You can serve it with sour cream and salsa on the table if you want, but it is pretty darn good just how it is!
* Good sides would be roasted potatoes or vegetables and a green salad or steamed veggies and fruit, muffins or rolls.