Monday, April 2, 2012

Chicken Stuffed Avocado

This was a great, healthy, quick meal I know we will have again! All the flavors mixed together were amazing. I love avocados. Fill them with creamy chicken salad and you have a meal!

At dinner I was eating my meal and I look up at my husband and his food was GONE. He looked and me and I smiled and then he said.... "what? They were really good." That makes me one happy cook. Empty plates and happy bellies!



Ingredients: (makes 2 adult portions)

2 cooked chickens breast, cooled and shredded
*(I seasoned mine with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning and grilled them while I assembled the rest of the salad)
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup black beans
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
4 tablespoons low fat mayo
2 tablespoons white vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
2 avocados, halved and pits removed

1. Super easy here. Cook up your chicken. I grilled mine. I love the flavor of grilled chicken. A rotisserie chicken would work great here too.
2. In a bowl combine corn, black beans, green onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and tortilla chips. Toss to combine. In another smaller bowl whisk together the mayo and vinegar. Add salt and pepper. Taste and adjust to your liking.
3. When your chicken is done, toss it in with the veggies and pour your dressing over the top of it all. Mix and top your avocados with a mound of chicken salad. Just dig right into your avocado with a spoon or fork, it's fun too.
4. Serve this with some fruit and some warm bread. (we had flat bread, yum!)

recipe adapted from Cheeky Kitchen

1 comment: