Thursday, June 14, 2012

Garlic Knots


We all know that I have an obsession with bread. Anything bread I love! I love making bread. I make fresh bread for my family a few times a week so we can have toast and sandwiches. Now my kids love bread. It is a vicious cycle really. But is it oh so good.

I also love making rolls, bread sticks, and tortillas for dinner. So these garlic knots were perfect for our pasta dinner the other night.

Now, this is a bread machine recipe. I love my bread machine. But I have a confession.....I use it only for dough making. It does all the work and makes no mess. I just dump everything in and in an hour my dough is ready for rising. Wonderful! Now if you don't have a bread machine then just use your favorite roll dough recipe or frozen rolls. Easy peasy.


Ingredients:

2 tablespoons soft butter
1 cup warm water
1 beaten egg
1/4 cup sugar
3 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons yeast
melted butter
garlic granules

1. Start by putting your soft butter in the bottom of the bread maker pan. In a measuring cup, beat your egg and add a little bit of the warm water while mixing. This will temper the egg. Add the rest of your water to the egg and add both to the pan.
2. Next, add your flour. I do a combination of all purpose and whole wheat but you can do whatever you like :) Just make sure it equals 3 1/4 cup. Add the sugar right on top. Then add salt and yeast. Pop in into your bread maker and press the DOUGH setting.
3. When it has finished rising in the pan, remove from pan and punch down. Roll it out and cut into strips. At this point if you are using your own dough or a frozen (now defrosted) do the same. Tie the strips into knots and place on a greased cookie sheet. Do the same for all your dough strips. Let rise for about 30 minutes.
4. Bake at 365 degrees for10-12 minutes until light golden brown. As soon as these come out of the oven brush them with butter ( I used melted tub butter) and sprinkle with garlic granules. Eat and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Ok. So, let's just say I think I want to start a new diet. It is called the Britney Bread diet. All you have to do is eat anything and everything that is made with your home made bread. That and a little watermelon for the sweetness aspect. Well, maybe a few of your brownies. Oh heck (as the girls like to say), let's just eat all of your yummy food. :)

    Thanks for dinner last night! It was delicious and fun!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete