Saturday, March 28, 2009

Chinese Chicken Salad


Every Friday around our house is salad night. We try to think of new ways to make salad and this week we made my mom' s Chinese chicken salad. SO GOOD, and easy!!

MIX TOGETHER:
shredded lettuce
shredded cabbage
2 cups cooked Chinese noodles (in the Asian part of your store)
bean sprouts (canned or fresh)
green onions, chopped
shredded carrots
thinly sliced mushrooms
chopped peanuts (toasted)
TOSS WITH DRESSING:
1/4 cup rice or wine vinegar (all I had was distilled vinegar and it worked great!)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup soy or teriyaki sauce
1-2 teaspoons spicy mustard
1/4 cup garlic dressing (by the rest of the dressings, I know in our store it is garlic parmesan cheese and it works great, too)
TOP WITH:
cooked chicken breast (I marinated mine in teriyaki sauce)
ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I love Chinese Chicken Salads! It reminds me of the one at Applebees. It helps to get a great recipe like this because Zak will eat it even though it is a salad. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete