3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
powdered sugar and chocolate syrup
1. Heat oven to 350. Coat a 15x10x1 jelly roll with nonstick cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with wax paper and spray with nonstick.
2. Stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes, until very light yellow. Gradually add granulated sugar beating until smooth. Beat in vanilla.
3. Fold flour mixture into eggs mixture until no lumps remain. Pour into pan ,spreading level. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
4. Dust a clean kitchen towel with confectioners' sugar. Turn cake out on towel. Roll up towel and cake from short end; cool completely.
5. Unroll; spread with soft ice cream to within 1 inch of edges. Reroll cake with out towel. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight. If frozen overnight, let stand at room temp for 20 minutes before serving. Cut into slices and dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
* Mine had a spot that didn't have ice cream and I think that it was because I let my ice cream get too soft and it just slid down, so try to time it just right!
* A healthly tip: your can use egg beaters instead of eggs and use whole wheat pastry flour in place of the white flour