1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons soft butter/margarine
2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons yeast
1. Measure carefully placing all ingredients in bread machine pan in order recommended by the manufacture. (usually in the order they are on the list above, or wet then dry)
2. Select dough cycle.
3. When dough is ready (usually about 1 1/2 hours) remove dough with floured hands. Place on lightly floured surface. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
4. Grease or spray a 9x13 pan ( used 2 pie pans) and divide dough into 15 equal pieces Shape each piece into a ball, place in pan. Rise in a warm place until double in size. ( I turn the oven on for a few minutes onto 150 degrees, then turn it off and let them rise in the warm oven)
5. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Uncover rolls and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
* YOU must try this!! So good! If you don't have a bread machine then all you need to do is let the yeast soften in the warm water. Mix the butter(melt it first), egg, sugar and salt together. Next add yeast mixture. Then add flour a little at a time until it makes a soft dough. Let rise in bowl. Then pick up from step #3 and continue. Bread always takes a little more time but it is worth it!