The other morning after I finished working out I was eating breakfast and watching the last bit of the Rachel Ray show (my favorite part) and the cooking part came on. She made this chicken dinner and I thought I HAVE to make this. I did and it was absolutely delicious. Rex said that he wished I had made more. I seriously took my like 15 minutes to make this! Really good, really low fat, and really quick.....my favorite!
( you can adjust this to feed lots or little. This is for 2 adult portions)
2 thawed chicken breasts or 4 chicken tenders. (I used tenders)
1/4 pesto, homemade or bought
1. Put your thawed chicken in a zip lock bag and pound with a mallet until thin and flat.
2. Place on a foil lined cookie sheet and put a teaspoon full of pesto on half the chicken. Top with mozzarella cheese.
3. Fold chicken over and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with a tomato sliced (two if you are using breasts)
4. Sprinkle with a bit of Parmesan cheese and pop in a 425 oven for 15-20 minutes. So easy!!
* Pare this chicken with steamed broccoli and a biscuit and you are in business.
* I buy the Bisquick Heart Smart mix, which is low fat and really good. It is fun to change the mix up to have different kinds of biscuits. So for these I added a tablespoon of Italian seasoning, a handful of cheese, and a teaspoon of garlic seasoning and there you have it.... garlic cheese biscuits!