1 brownie mix ( don't worry we will make it low-fat)
applesauce, egg whites, water
12 peanut butter cups, unwrapped
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1. Make brownies but substitute applesauce for oil and egg whites for eggs. Mix and fill a greased muffin tin about 1/3 full.
2. Drop a candy into each cup and using a spoon, add a little more batter to each cup until candy is covered up.
3. Bake at 350 for 20-25. While brownies are baking make the frosting. Melt chocolate chips in microwave for 30 seconds at a time. When smooth and creamy add peanut butter. Using a hand mixer beat in as much powdered sugar as you like until consistency that you like. Let brownies cool for about 20-30 minutes then frost. Eat and enjoy..... these are sooo good!
* Some brownie mixes fit a 9X13 and others a 9X9 or 8X8. This reciepe is for a 9X9 so if you are making a mix for a 9X13 it will probably fit 24 cups. So you will need about 24 peanut cups and a little more frosting. But don't worry they will all be eaten!
* for a little extra something you can add chopped peanuts on top of the frosting!
* To change it a bit you can substitute a peppermint patty (cut in half, but add both halves) for the peanut butter cup and instead of peanut butter in the frosting add a bit of peppermint extract to your melted chocolate... yeah I will be making these soon!