I got this recipe out of my family circle magazine and we loved it! They always have great ideas and recipes, which is why I tried this one out. Really good, fast, and fun to try something different. Give it a try :)
6 large ripe tomatoes
1 lb. ground turkey
2 large cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup cooked instant brown rice
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oven to 325. Rinse tomatoes and pat dry. Cut tops off tomatoes and scoop out pulp.
2. Heat a large nonstick skilled over medium heat and add ground turkey and garlic. Break up meat and cook for about 7 minutes or until cooked through. Add rice, pine nuts, oregano, salt, and pepper to meat. Cover and cook on medium low for 3 minutes.
4. Remove pan from heat and stir in cheese and 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley. Spoon filling into tomatoes, mounding slightly.
5. Place tomatoes in a 9x13 dish. Cover dish with foil and bake at 325 for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake and additional 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
* Serve with crusty bread and a salad, steamed broccoli, or roasted sweet potatoes.
* Only 280 calories and less that 8 grams of fat! Awesome!