This cake is incredible!! For some reason our bananas have been super ripe lately and this was the perfect solution for using them up! This cake is moist, fast, looks great and tastes even better! Great for a treat or set it on the counter and snack on it!
1 yellow cake mix (I use Betty Crocker)
1/2 cup water
1 cup smashed banana (3-4)
1/2 cup applesauce
5 egg whites (or 3 eggs)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 chopped walnuts
2 oz. fat free cream cheese (i can only find it at Safeway around here)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 cups powdered sugar
couple teaspoons milk
1. Heat oven to 350°. Grease 12-cup bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
2. Beat cake mix, water, bananas ,applesauce, oil, cinnamon and egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in the walnuts. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 43 to 53 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn pan upside down on serving plate or your cake stand and remove pan. Cool completely. Be strong, it will take about 1 hour.
4. While it is cooling it is time to make the glaze. Beat your cream cheese with a n electric mixer until smooth. Add in the vanilla and 1 1/2 to 2 cups of sugar. Add in just a little bit of milk at a time to get the right consistency. This is where you can make your glazw however you like. If you want a thick glaze add more powdered sugar. If you want a thin glaze add more milk. Stir well. Drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts to finish it off!
* This is a great snack and pretty healthy too!! By using egg whites or even egg beaters (I have egg beaters in my fridge that I only use for baking and I always use egg whites too!) you are cutting out a significant amount of fat and cholesterol. So easy and then you don't have to feel guilty for eating enormous amounts of cake....like me :)