I love lemon pasta!! I don't know why I haven't posted this recipe before because it is great!! The sauce is light and the flavors are amazing! Everyone, including kids, loved this and it is really easy. You can whip it up in no time!
4-5 cups of penne pasta (I do about 1 cup of dried pasta a person)
1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
2 garlic cloves, chopped
zest of 1 lemon
juice from 1 lemon
2-3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
fresh parsley, chopped
salt & pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt and the pasta. While your pasta is cooking you will cook up the chicken and make the sauce.
2. In a small skillet, bring it to medium heat. Drizzle it with a bit of olive oil. Season your chicken with salt, pepper, and onion powder and place into the pan. Cook for about 7-9 minutes, until cooked through.
3. Now, while your chicken is cooking we will make the yummy sauce. Drizzle a bit of olive oil in a medium skillet. Heat at medium heat and cook the garlic for just a minute. Stir the garlic as you cook it. You DON'T want it to burn. It will taste bitter, so keep stirring and as soon as you start to smell the garlic you know that it is beginning to soften and cook. Next add in your soup. Whisk the soup and garlic together and add in the zest and lemon juice. Now at this point you will add the water. You can make your sauce as thick or thin as you like. So start adding water until you get it where you like it. Heat the sauce through and give it a taste. You may want to add a bit of salt and pepper, but it is up to you :)
4. Alright, lets get this meal together! Drain your pasta and return to pan. Add the sauce to you pasta and toss to coat. Divide your lemon pasta among your plates and then top with chicken and fresh parsley. YUM!! You are done, now go eat!
* I pair this dinner with steamed broccoli, green beans, or a salad. Then toast up some garlic bread and you are set!