I copied this recipe from a cook book at my sisters house one visit and I finally made it. Thanks goodness because it was so good! Ok, taco fixings on corn bread is genius and I know this because it is all gone..... yum!!
2 lb. pork roast
1 packet taco seasoning
1/2 cup 7-up or sprite
1 can pinto beans
1 corn bread mix (with water, eggs, applesauce)
1. Let get the pork going first. Now you can do two things with your slow cooker. Roast for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. I didn't start this until about 1 pm, so I chose the lesser of the two :) Now, put your roast in the slow cooker and turn to your desired setting. Sprinkle with taco seasoning, turn it over and sprinkle again. Pour your 7-up in there, put a lid on it and walk away.
2. Now when you only have about 1 hour left until your roast should be done, take it out and shred it with two forks. Put it all back in and let is soak up all the juices. Pork is done. Let is just hang out until you assemble your stackers.
3. After you shred the pork go ahead and prepare the rest of your dinner. Get your corn bread cooking in a 8x8 or make them into muffins. While those are cooking, cut tomatoes, shred lettuce, grate cheese and heat up the beans (I put mine on the stove on low). When your corn bread is done it's time to eat!
4. To assemble: Cut your cornbread into squares. Then cut them open to make two little halves. Place on plate and top with beans, cheese, pork, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream! Dig in!
* These have veggies on top but you could have a side salad or cut up cucumbers on the side.
* Leave out the pork and make it vegetarian!