Sunday, September 4, 2011

Homemade oven french fries

Sorry it's been so long! Ahh, we have been busy. Busy with friends, family, new job, house hunting, and everything in between! So today you get two new recipes! First is my yummy homemade french fries and second is a cool and refreshing oreo pudding poke cake!

I LOVE these fries. I have been making them for.... well since forever. Ask my husband how many time we have had frozen fries out of a bag since we have been married and he will be able to count on one hand. These are WAY better in flavor and better for you in general. Crispy and salty on the outside, soft and warm on the inside. Great with burgers.....yum.



Ingredients:

russet potatoes, washed and dried
olive oil
salt
season salt

The great thing about this recipe is it can be altered for lots of people or for a few people. Whatever you like. We love these babies so we use 5-6 potatoes for me, my husband, and my two hungry hippo little girls.

1. Cut your fries into strips. YOU can make them skinny or fat. Fat take a bit longer to cook so I do medium sized. I leave the skins on because I love the flavor and the skins have good nutrients in them. But is you prefer, you can peel them first. After they are cut toss all your potatoes into a big bowl.
2. Drizzle a bit of olive oil (just eyeball it) over the top. Toss with your hands to coat. Sprinkle with salt and toss again.
3. Line a cookie sheet with foil and SPRAY with non-stick spray. REALLY GOOD. If not, you will just be looking at your yummy fries because they will be stuck on there so good you won't be eating them. I know this from experience :) Dump all your fries on the pan and using your hands make an even layer on the pan. Now, sprinkle them with season salt.
4. Put them in a 425 oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, pull them out and using a spatula, toss them over to brown the other side. Cook for 5-10 more minutes. Taste and see if you need any more salt. Then, plate them up and eat! Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment