1 lb. chicken breast, cut into cubes
1 can chicken broth (14 oz.)
1 cup water
1 cup uncooked orzo ( in the pasta aisle)
1 bag (1 lb.) of frozen broccoli, green beans, pearl onions, and red peppers ( I didn't have that so I used fresh broccoli and carrots and steamed them a little bit to soften them up before adding them)
1/4 cup fat free Caesar dressing
pepper and salt
1. Heat a skillet over med. heat and cook chicken about 10 minutes until browned on both sides. ( I seasoned mine up with onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper) Remove chicken and keep warm.
2. Add broth and water to skillet. Heat to boiling. Stir in pasta. Heat to boiling. Cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes until almost done. Stir occasionally. Stir in frozen veggies, or freshly steamed and dressing.
3. Add chicken to mixture. Sprinkle with pepper. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for about 5 minutes until pasta and veggies are done. Warm about 1/2 cup dressing and drizzle over individual servings. Serve with muffins or corn bread!
* I buy low-fat or fat free muffin mixes at the store so I can whip up a quick bread to go with dinner!
* When I make corn bread or muffins I add a shredded carrot or zucchini to the mixture before baking to add a little extra veggies and no one can even tell! Get those kids eating veggies!
* Add any veggies that your family likes to this ..corn, peas, carrots, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms.... the list goes on!