Sunday, May 31, 2009

Luscious Layer Bars

*!~WARNING!!^*: Gooey, sweet, delicious, rich...... Ok, these were sooo good! I am actually surprised there are any left after last night. I love to try new brownie concoctions. I altered this one a bit to make it my own. These are absolutely divine. I tried my best to make them low-fat... good enough for me! Try them, but they will disappear.

Annie saw me taking pictures of this an asked if she could have it for lunch! Ha....that is something only I can do..... :)

Ingredients:

boxed brownie mix with add in's.....egg whites,

water, applesauce ect. (make sure the mix is for a 9x13 pan)

1 cup chocolate chips

1 cup butterscotch chips

1 cup chopped walnuts

1 cup coconut

1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk

1. Mix your brownies together and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 then pull from oven.

2.Sprinkle with both chips, nuts, coconut and then drizzle with the sweetened milk. Try your hardest to drizzle evenly. This will ensure that with will bake evenly.

3.Put pan back into the oven and bake for another 30-35 minutes, or until the top is a golden brown and browines are done! Let cool for at least 2 hours.....I know it is hard but you must wait. Then cut into your heavenly bars and taste the gooey goodness!

*by replacing the oil with applesauce and using egg whites instead of eggs you are cutting out more than half the fat! It's a healthy easy choice!

4 comments: