Saturday, May 2, 2009

Two new recipes!

I didn't want to wait to post two different recipes so I am just putting them both on here! The are both new and divine! The first is a yummy dessert that I made. They are blondies, like brownies but without the cocoa. Next is a creamy soup you will love! Enjoy!

Three Great Taste Blondies

These are so moist and rich. Rex was sad when I gave most of them to our friends, but don't worry I saved him a few! These are great to cut into bars and really good with a big glass of milk!

Ingredients

2 cups packed brown sugar

1 cup butter or margarine, melted

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla

2 cups flour

1 teaspoon salt

2/3 cup (of each) peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, and semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease really well or line with sprayed foil a 15 1/2 X 10 1/2 X 1 inch jelly roll pan. (I don't have a jelly roll pan so I put mine in a tart dish but a 9X13 pan would work just fine).

2. Stir together brown sugar and butter in large bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add flour, salt, beating just until blended; stir in all the chips! Spread into prepared pan.

3 Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely in pan. Cut into bars. Drizzle with melted chocolate. (put a handful of chocolate chips into a zip lock bad and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until smooth. Cut tip of bag off and drizzle.)

* Since I was delivering these bars and it was my first time making them I didn't experiment with them by trying to make them low fat but I will now! I will let you know how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment