5 medium potatoes
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon butter/margarine
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon dill, 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
pepper (as much or little as you like)
1 cup milk or half-and-half (I used fat free half-and-half)
1. In a large pot cook potatoes and onions in plenty of boiling water for about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and reserve 1 cup of potato/onion mixture.
2. In a food processor or blender combine remaining potatoes/onions and broth. Cover and blend or about 1 minute or until smooth. Set aside.
3. In the same saucepan melt the butter. Stir in flour, salt, dill, chives, pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
4. Stir the blended soup, reserved potatoes, and milk mixture all together. Cook and stir until heated through. Add additional milk if you would like it thinner. Pour into bowls or bread bowls and top with bacon bit, cheese and more chives!
* This recipe takes about 25 minutes to make. It only has 205 calories and 4 grams of fat! Eat a lot, it is really good!