These definitely took me back to the good old days of being a newlywed and working at Gringos. :) They were really good and really crispy without frying. The oven toasted them perfectly and we ate them right up! I can't take credit for thinking these up, they came from Our Best Bites. Try them, you will love them!
1/3 cup (3 oz) low fat cream cheese
1/4 cup green salsa
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic, or garlic powder
3 tablespoon chopped cilantro
2 tablespoon sliced green onions
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup grated pepperjack cheese (i used Colby)
small corn tortillas (and actually, flour ones are really good as well)
1. Heat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
2. Heat cream cheese in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds so it's soft and easy to stir. Add green salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and granulated garlic. Stir to combine and then add cilantro and green onions. Add chicken and cheese and combine well.
(You can prepare up to this step ahead of time. Just keep the mixture in the fridge.)
3. Work with a few tortillas at a time and heat in the microwave until they are soft enough to roll without cracking. It helps to place them between damp paper towels. Usually 20-30 seconds will do it. If you find yours are cracking when you roll them or are coming unrolled right away, just try heating them longer and try the paper towel thing.
4. Place 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mixture on the lower third of a tortilla, keeping it about 1/2 inch from the edges. Then roll it up as tight as you can. Place seam side down on the baking sheet. Lay all of the taquitos on the baking sheet and make sure they are not touching each other. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle some kosher salt on top.
5. Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown.
* Make some guacamole and dip in sour cream,so good!
* Add a side salad and you are set! Really good for you too!!