Sunday, March 21, 2010

Winner and Urban Cowboy burgers

Ok, well it has been so much fun reading posts from my fans...thanks guys!! I told Rex that I wanted to buy gifts for all my readers to show my appreciation, but we are still starving students :) I love you all and I am grateful that I am able to do this and that I have loyal fans!!! Ok, moving on the winner is.....

True Random Number Generator

Min: 1
Max: 15
Result: 2

Powered by RANDOM.ORG

# 2, which is my cutest friend Aubrey Richardson!! Yeah Aub! Congrats, love you!! here is my email: britneybeard@yahoo.com . Send me your address and I will send your package tomorrow! Thanks to everyone out there too!!

Ok, onto the food part, yum! These turkey burgers are soooo good and full of tons of flavor! I make them all the time! Thanks to Mrs. Rachel Ray for being the queen of burgers!



Ingredients: (yield:4 burgers)

4 pieces turkey bacon
1 lb. ground turkey
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
lettuce
tomato
avocado
pepper jack cheese
pickles
whole grain buns

1.Chop garlic and veggies
2. Heat nonstick skillet and cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Wipe skillet clean and return to heat.
3.While bacon is cooking combine turkey, garlic, onion, thyme, cilantro, cumin and grill seasoning. Divide mixture into 4 equal mounds then form into patties. Spray patties with olive oil spray. Cook in skillet over med-high heat until done. About 5-6 minutes per side. Place cheese on during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
4. Garnish buns and burgers as desired and serve with homemade french fries!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, man! This post reminds me I forgot to enter. And I did want that cupcake book. Congrats on 100 posts on your cute food blog. Keep up the good cooking! We'll come over for dinner any time.

    ReplyDelete