This meal was so delicious! My husband kept making mmmmmmm sounds. I'll take that as a good sign :)
I love chicken. It is so versatile and low in fat and calories. But, sometimes it can be bland if it's not spiced up just right. This meal is a great way to get out of your boring chicken routine. It looks so fancy but was really easy to make and would be perfect for entertaining. Seriously make this, you will love it!
6 chicken tenders, pounded flat and thin
3/4 cup fat free ricotta cheese
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1. Heat your oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl stir together the ricotta, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic until creamy and combined. Add a couple shakes of salt and grind some pepper in there too. Mix and set aside.
2. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray. On a cutting board, place your chicken that has been pounded flat. Using a spoon scoop out some ricotta filling and place in the middle of your chicken. (Remember you are stuffing 6 chicken tenders, so you can divide your mixture into 6 portions so they are the same)
Ok, now fold one half of the chicken over the mixture and then roll the chicken to seal the mixture in. Now, at this point you can use a toothpick to keep it closed, but I just picked mine up and placed it on the cookie sheet seam side down and it worked perfect. Do the same to the rest of your chicken and put on the cookie sheet.
3. Sprinkle each chicken with a bit of salt and Italian seasoning. Drizzle a little olive oil over the top and pop it into the oven.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are golden.
* Serve this meal with steamed carrots, broccoli, or green beans. A nice green salad would be nice, and some rolls or garlic bread.