Friday, October 23, 2009

Chicken in a Biscuit

I totally made this up last night because I grocery shopping was today :) It was so good!! We loved it and it is a fun easy dinner too. Kinda like a hot pocket but a million time better! Then I altered my honey mustard a bit to make a dipping sauce. Your whole family will love this!

Ingredients:

4 cooked chicken tenders


4 slices of cooked turkey bacon


mozzarella cheese


chopped tomato


biscuits (made from Bisquick or refrigerated)


Sweet Mustard Sauce:


1/2 cup light mayo


2 tablespoons spicy mustard


1 tablespoon honey


1/3 cup orange marmalade jelly


1. Cook up your chicken and bacon. While they are cooking, make up your biscuits (I use Heart Smart Bisquick mix). Roll out your biscuits into ovals and top with cooked chicken, cheese, bacon, and tomatoes.



2. Fold up sides and ends and pinch them together carefully. Place on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes at 400. While they are baking whip up your sauce. Just mix all the sauce ingredients together and stick in fridge until ready to eat!

3. Ok, that is it! They are so good, you will love them. Pair them up with a green salad, or baked chips and carrot sticks, or steamed broccoli. I made some extras and put them in my hubby's lunch too!


yummy, a new favorite for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment