2 cups uncooked pasta, any shape short pasta
3 cups cooked cubed chicken
2 jars (12oz. each) chicken gravy
1 bag (1lb.) frozen veggie mix: carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, peas
whatever you have
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup herb seasoned stuffing crumbs ( stove top)
2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
1.Heat oven to 375. Cook and drain pasta, using minimum cook time. It will continue to cook in the oven.
2. In an ungreased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish, mix pasta and remaining ingredients together except for stuffing and butter.
3. Cover casserole. Bake 20 minutes. Uncover and stir casserole. In a small bowl, mix stuffing and butter. Sprinkle of top. Bake uncovered about 10 minutes longer or until hot and topping is brown.
* I didn't have any frozen veggies so I just steamed carrots and broccoli for about 10 minutes while my chicken was cooking and then added it when it called for it.
* This dish has veggies in it but I still added some roasted sweet potatoes on the side. And of course has some muffins too. Blueberry were great!
* There are really yummy fat-free muffin mixes at the store that are great to have in the cupboards. You can have them ready in 20 minutes and it really adds something extra to dinner!