2 1/3 cups dried wagon wheel pasta
1 lb. ground turkey or turkey Italian sausage
( I used a little of each, what I had in the freezer)
3/4 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 26-ounce jar pasta sauce
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
fresh basil and oregano
1. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet cook meat, onion, and garlic until meat is brown, remove from skillet.
3. In a large bowl stir together pasta sauce, 1/2 cup cheese, and the pepper. Add the cooked pasta and meat mixture. Gently stir to combine. Spoon mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish.
4. Bake, covered, in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese and cook for 5 more minutes until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with fresh cut basil and oregano.
5. Serve with garlic bread and broccoli and you have a healthy meal!
* You could also bake this in little single serving ramekins for fun! Cook for 15-20 minutes and then add cheese.
* Add mushrooms and sliced zucchini for a little more flavor too!