2 pie crusts (your favorite store bought or homemade..*see recipe below)
4 granny smith apples, diced and chopped
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Roll your crust out and using a large cup or small bowl cut out 18 circles. ( This recipe makes 9 mini pies)
2. Place 9 little crusts into a muffin tin that holds 12 muffin cups.
3. Combine the apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Let the apples soften a bit and then fill your crusts full! As the pies cook, the apples will shrink so stuff them!
3. Make little holes or slits in your remaining 9 crusts. ( I used a washed and dried pen cap :) Carefully, put the tops on your pies and pinch with fingers to seal crust. Brush with egg whites or milk to have a shiny coat.
4. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Longer if you like your crust a bit more golden brown. Let cool then dig in!!
Double crust recipe:
1.Combine 2 1/4 cups flour and 3/4 teaspoon salt in bowl. Cut in 2/3 cup shortening until pieces are pea-size.
2. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water over part of flour mixture. Gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of bowl. Repeat using 1 tablespoon of water at a time until all the flour mixture is moistened. About 8-10 tablespoons of water. Divide in half; form each into a ball.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough from center to edges forming a circle. Punch out your circles now.
* You can make these mini pies into any kind you want! Pumpkin, cherry, pecan, berry...any kind you like! Have fun with them!