3 flour tortillas
red taco sauce or enchilada sauce
1 can corn
1 can fat free refried beans
1 packet Mexican rice ( you can use Spanish rice too, I get the LIPTON brand Mexican rice packet, it is ready in 7 minutes and the flavors are great!)
grated cheese, any kind
chopped tomato, lettuce, olives, and sour cream
1. Cook your rice. While rice is cooking, put some red sauce in the bottom of a round 2 quart casserole dish. If you don't have a round dish you can use any size just layer to fit your dish. Next place a tortilla down. Next, spread a layer of beans, corn, and top with rice. Next is the cheese and some more red sauce.
2. Repeat the layer again, tortilla, beans, corn, rice, cheese, and red sauce. Finish the dish with one more tortilla and sprinkle with cheese. Depending on how big your dish is you can do another layer, but I only fit 2 layers. Place in a 400 degree oven until the cheese is melted and dish is heated through, about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile chop your tomatoes, lettuce, and olives. When dish is done cooking let sit about 5 minutes before cutting. Cut out wedges and top with all your fixings! Serve with homemade baked chips, salsa, and guacamole and you have a meal!
* You can easily add ground turkey, beef, of shredded chicken as a layer in this dish.
* Add lots of lettuce and tomato on top for your veggies, like a salad on top!
* Baked chips: cut flour tortillas into wedges and place on a foil lined cookie sheet. Brush lemon juice on each wedge and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 450 for about 10 minutes but keep your eye on them!! You can flip them half way through, but I like mine soft on one side! These are soo good and a healthy alternative to store bought chips.